Andrew Weil MD is an American author and physician, best known for establishing and popularizing the field of integrative medicine. Weil is the author of several best-selling books and runs a monthly newsletter and website, where he answers questions relating to health. He is the founder and Program Director of the Program in Integrative Medicine (PIM) at University of Arizona. Weil started PIM in 1994. He has become one of the leading proponents of integrative medicine. He founded Weil Lifestyle LLC.
1. "Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food."
2. "Happiness is a skill. It requires effort and time."
3. "It is more important to eat some carbohydrates at breakfast, because the brain needs fuel right away, and carbohydrate is the best source."
4. "By keeping my hand in that, it's the way I keep learning. The main way you learn in medicine is by practicing and working with patients."
5. "The best way to detoxify is to stop putting toxic things into the body and depend upon it's own mechanisms."
6. "You've got to experiment to figure out what works."
7. "Pay attention to your body. The point is everybody is different. You have to figure out what works for you."
8. "There are no good or bad drugs; there are only good and bad relationships with drugs."
9. "The notion that a human being should be constantly happy is a uniquely modern, uniquely American, uniquely destructive idea."
10. "Please keep in mind the distinction between healing and treatment: treatment originates from outside, whereas healing comes from within."
To learn more about Dr. Andrew Weil, go here: http://www.drweil.com/