1. Nourish Dry Skin
The best advantage of argan oil for beauty care is its ability to keep our skin hydrated and moisturized. The fatty acids content of the oil can penetrate deep into our skin with ease to make up for all moisture losses.
Moreover, it is non-irritating and non-greasy, making it a wonderful natural moisturizer for every skin type. Thanks to its powerful anti-inflammatory effects, argan oil is also very good for treating diseases such as psoriasis and eczema that lead to rough, dry skin. There are two simple ways you can try at the comfort of your own home with the help of argan oil to nourish your dry skin with ease:
• For preparing a homemade hydrating mask, try mixing 1 tbsp. of honey with 3 tsps. of yogurt and 3 – 5 drops of argan oil. Use the mixture to apply directly onto your facial skin and allow it to stay within about ten minutes. Use warm water to rinse it off. Apply this homemade mask one time per week to achieve the best results as desired.
• After taking a shower or a bath, you just need to use 3 – 5 drops of warm argan oil to directly rub into your skin with gentle motions. You can also use argan oil as a skin moisturizer at nighttime to get your skin smooth and soft.
2. Treat Dry Feet And Cracked Heels
Argan oil is also an ideal remedy for cracking, dry skin on your heels or feet. Its hydrating properties can work effectively as a heel softener and nourish them to look supple and soft. It can even help to prevent skin infections and reduce the pains associated with cracked feet as well. There is a simple method with easy to implement steps that you can try at home with the help of argan oil to treat dry feet and cracked heels:
• Soak your feet in soapy, warm water within tent o fifteen minutes.
• Use a pumice stone to get rid the dead skin cells off the heels and feet.
• Use warm water to rinse your feet and pat them dry thoroughly.
• Use some argan oil to rub onto your soles and heels, and massage within about 5 minutes.
• Wear 1 pair of clean socks and wait for twenty minutes at least, but it is best for you to leave it stay overnight.
• Apply this method every day for 2 – 3 days until the cracks are gone and till your feet look healthy again.
3. Cuticle Moisturizer
Argan oil can work effectively as a great cuticle moisturizer. In addition, the vitamin E content of this oil is very nourishing for brittle and weak nails. It can even help a lot in repairing damaged nails and encouraging nail growth. Moreover, argan oil can prevent fungal nail infection issues. If you want to make use of argan oil for the mentioned purpose at home, choose one out of the following two methods:
• First, you just need to make a nail soak by mixing equal amounts of argan oil and fresh lemon juice. Soak your nails within the mixture in about twenty minutes. Use this treatment for nail-strengthening 1 – 2 times per week to achieve the best results as desired.
• Alternatively, try rubbing some argan oil onto your nails and give your nails some gentle massage motions within about five minutes to boost the blood circulation flowing to the nail beds. Apply this method as a cuticle moisturizer one time per day before your bedtime.
4. Moisturize Dry And Chapped Lips
If you are suffering from chapped and dry lips, particularly due to dry or cold weather, then use argan oil to solve this popular issue. The powerful moisturizing properties of argan oil can help to ensure your lips remain supple and soft.
Besides, the antioxidant properties contained in argan oil can help a lot in preventing soreness and protecting the lips against damage. There are also two easy methods people often use to moisturize dry and chapped lips at home with the help of argan oil:
• To create an exfoliating lip scrub, try mixing 3 – 5 drops each of vanilla extract and argan oil in half a tsp. of fine brown sugar. Use the mixture with circular motions to lightly massage across your lips. Use lukewarm water to wash it off, and then rub 1 drop of argan oil onto your lips. Apply this treatment just one time per week.
• Alternatively, try rubbing and massage one or two drops of argan oil onto your dry lips within about one minute. Apply this method before bedtime on a daily basis. Be sure to use a tissue to wipe off all excessive oils.
5. Work As A Natural Hair Conditioner
Argan oil can make our hair silkier and softer. The oleic and linoleic acids contained in this ingredient can help to improve the health of hair cuticles, as well as making our hair more manageable and glossy.
Moreover, argan oil can help to protect our hair against damage from chlorine from the swimming pool and sunlight exposure. It even helps in taming frizzy hair and repairing split ends. There are also 2 easy methods everyone can try at home using argan oil to condition hair with ease:
• For using argan oil as a leave-in conditioner, use 3 – 5 drops of argan oil to rub onto your scalp, ends, and hair while your hair is still wet. Then, style the hair as usual.
• Alternatively, try using warm argan oil to massage the hair and scalp within about five to ten minutes. Wear a shower cap within about half an hour, and then use shampoo to wash your hair as usual. Apply this method two or three times per week to achieve the best results as desired.
The article today introduces a short list of 10 best benefits of argan oil for skin and hair that people should not look down but learn carefully to know why we should use this natural ingredient. Leave your comments and feedbacks below if you have anything to ask about the content of this article and wait for the soon replication from the author.
Huyen My – Writer and Blogger, who has over 8 years of experience in Beauty & Skin Care industry. I work for VKool.com and AllRemedies.com - reliable resources assisting people to resolve their health and life issues, as a content coordinator for categories including Health & Beauty. I also focus on fitness, women’s issues, relationship, and lifestyle. Find more of my articles on Facebook or Pinterest